1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

CLASSIC fast help and msd 7531 with boost launcher ?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by notchrocket, Aug 29, 2013.

1. notchrocket

hey guys new to fast and turbo cars. i have a classic fast and the owner never had laptop in car . he just took the car to be tuned on dyno and want to make sure everything looks safe and make a few runs . need help on what to watch and can i datalog with laptop not in car? seems my laptop only works with car running? also car has a 7531 msd box AND serial cable to a msd boost launcher, ive never noticed the little green light on launcher . should it be on all the time?

2. TurboNova

With a classic FAST you can't log without a laptop in the car.
    You can create a dashboard that logs 14 sensors max with the classic FAST.
    I would log

coolant (F)
    air temp (F)
    battery (V)
    VE%
    Target A/F
    Actual A/F
    O2 Corr%
    RPM
    Map (kpa)
    Spark BDTC
    BPW (ms)