1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Classic FAST datalogging problem

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by turbostang, May 10, 2011.

1. turbostang

First, we're getting ready to head to the dyno shortly, so this is a shot in the dark....

I've been searching, and can't find exactly what I'm looking for, but long story short - I'm having a problem with FAST datlogging. When you go to manually arm the trigger (F8, Enter) I'm getting a popup that says something to the effect that - "A high resolution sensor is enabled - datalogging may be slower than normal" Keep in mind, I'm going from memory and might have that totally misworded, but you get the idea.

It's been so long since I've messed with classic fast, and I KNOW I've seen this problem mentioned somewhere, but can't find it.

HELP! :(

2. Craig Smith

The dashboard you selected for logging has a sensor in it that calculates its data at a much higher frequency than most of the other sensors and it consumes logging bandwidth. Look for one of the sensors in the dash that begins with "HR" and remove it. Sorry, this is probably after your dyno experience, but hope it helps anyway.

3. turbostang

Craig, I sure appreciate the response. Brian Macey had actually called me right after I made this post, and while on the phone with him, we had discovered that I had a corrupt FAST install on the laptop I was using. (Before he called, I removed the sensors one at a time till I had nothing left and it did the same thing regardless - we determined that something fubar'd up in the install)

I brought a secondary laptop to the dyno - we just reinstalled on it, and it all worked like a charm. Thanks for the reply, hopefully this post may help someone else in the future. Also, a BIG thanks to Brian for calling me back and getting it resolved!