1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Classic Fast and SBF distributor??

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by evobydarwin, Aug 1, 2009.

1. evobydarwin

Ive searched and cant seem to get any definitive answers to this question.

Im installing a Classic Fast setup (bank to bank) on a 1995 Mustang. From what I've been told the 94-95 models have a 7 wire TFI (which is remote mounted) vs the foxbodies 6 wire TFI which of course is mounted to the distributor. I bought my FAST used and dont have a TFI harness yet. Should I ditch the SN95 style distributor and TFI module and run a foxbody distributor/TFI setup or try to make what I have work (if thats even possible?)?

Also, I pulled the stock ECU and corresponding harness out to make room for the FAST, is there anything in that harness that is still needed?

2. evobydarwin

Anyone?

3. wildustu

there is a hall effect adapter harness that is required for the tfi dist to work, in most cases like mine and the 3 others we have done we just use the carb style magnetic pickup distributor from either fast or msd, you lock out all the advance and it just plugs in like a crank sensor, its the easiest way to do it and doesn't require any kind of adapter harness. just make sure you get the right gear for your cam(roller-steel, solid-bronze)

4. Turbo Drag Radial

I would use the earlier TFI on the distributor and just wire it up to the fast. Its only three wires to the hull effect (FASt harness) and then the other three go to the MSD/Coil. I have a diagram if you need one.

5. evobydarwin

I would like that diagram.

If you want to send it email,
    This content is protected

Thanks!!

6. Turbo Drag Radial

diagram sent. Its for the XFI, but it should all cross over. If you run into a problem let me know.