1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Classic b2b fast...Pump Gas tune for smf/ PG setup?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by ijustgotblown, Aug 3, 2009.

1. ijustgotblown

does anyone have a good pump gas tune for the classic b2b fast system? it is a smf 76mm 10-20psi range (mostly 10ish) 75lb inj PG setup for a street car 3500lb? also what is the most timing you can run safe on pump gas and when at the track and on street? i have it tuned now and it is good and really safe been together for almost 4 years, but since i went from the c4 trans to the PG trans i am having a little trouble out of the gate to the 1/8 with 60' et and mph. im getting the converter tighten more and i put 373s in the car from 355 but have not tried it yet but i know it prob is all in the tune. people tell me i need more timing down low but i dont know what is safe and such really. right now it is like 22* till like 3500 i think then goes to 18* all up top with 11.0-11.1 taf......
    any suggestions? i know it is a common set up people always run and know my car is kind of heavy but someone has to run this set up and make it work on here :2thumbs:

2. Turbo Drag Radial

timing doesn't make a whole lot of performance difference on a turbo car. If you really want to know how much timing your car will take then get about 5 sets of plugs and head to the track. Check plugs after every pass inspected the burn mark.

But just to prove my point, take your timing from 18 to 22 at WOT after 4000 and you will not see much difference.

I burnt my old race car up more than I care to remember trying to run 24-28 degrees of timing (116 octane and 50 degree inlet temps). I eventually got sick of breaking it and just made a safe tune of 10.5 A/F and 16 degrees of timing.......it actually went faster. My advice is to crank up the boost, or ditch the pump gas if you realy want to see a performance gain.

If I showed you my current street car tune...you would laugh
    418W with a 76MM turbo running 110 octane 20psi.