1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Turbo selection for 351w in a 95 mustang

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by forcefed95, Mar 20, 2013.

1. forcefed95

I am currently running a 351w in a 95 mustang and am running a precision pt78 turbo with the .96 ar exhaust housing. I am fixing to build a 383w big bore motor that will end up at 401 ci. I am afraid the pt78 will be a little too small for this setup and cause some back pressure issues. I really like the t4 based borg warner turbo with the 80/96 wheel and the 1.25 ar housing. I have very little space where my turbo sits now and am worried about clearance. Can anyone recommend a turbo that would work better but has the same physical size characteristics of the pt78? Thanks