1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

chevelle/gen 3 taking shape

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by jim wingo, Mar 16, 2008.

1. jim wingo

finally making some serious headway on my 69 chevelle/ls project, was held up with the headers and intercooler piping waiting for the coating, as he had some supply issues, but i think its resolved, and should get them this week (i have the intercooler pipes coated with the header coatings, poor mans chrome) i hope to fire it up this week, maybe
    the engine is a 2004 6.0 truck motor, forged rods/pistons, corvette zo6 cam, edelbrock intake, msd controller, corvette acces. drive with a disc procharger, 8 rib conversion, switch pitch turbo 400 trans(old tech., dual stall converter)
    still gotta paint the front fenders, hood, trunk, assemble, but should be comp. my May 1
    fut plans may be to use f/i, install a 4l80e trans, more likely the trans first if the car runs good
    once its all sorted out, then i will build a 408 stroker engine, if i hit the lottery, lol

IM001041.JPG #ad

2. WIKDLX

LOOKING GOOD SO FAR

3. BlownShovel

x2 Nice and clean. Wouldn't mind seeing more pics of your IC tub routing

4. jim wingo

when i get the tubes back, i'll shoot some pics-was kind of tricky getting the holes thru the core support at an angle, but worked out pretty decent

5. hazy

I like that color! nice job :2thumbs: