1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

TPS and IAC wiri help please??????

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by Dave R, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Dave R

Hey all, I got my new connectors for the 96-98 Cobra intake since the Mark VIII ones were different but can you see my problem? I can't find a diagram anywhere and don't know what wires are ground, vref or what because they are the same color and the schematics don't show positions but only wire colors. Can anyone help me distinguish which wire is for what???

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Thanks,
    Dave

2. Dave R

I think I found that the top wire on the IAC is the power in. Still searching for the TPS wiring setup.

3. ashford

i generally do the tps the hard way.

measure the resistance on the wires when you find 2 wires that resistance dont change with throttle those are your 5v and ground wires. that leaves the 3rd as signal.
    next step is to measure the signal wir to one of the others. if resistance increases with throttle angle it is ground. if it decreases it is 5v reference.

the only thing i can say 100% is signal goes to the white wire, ground goes to the white wire and 5v goes to the white wire.

also be careful with the newer style iac they have a diode built into them and will essentially short out if hooked up backwards, the old ones it didnt really matter.

4. Dave R

Haha! Love the white wire statement. I got info from another site and it looks like the top pin is VREF(Brown/white), middle is Signal (Gray/white) and the bottom is signal return (Gray/Red).

I'll have to check them as you mentioned to verify. Not a bad troubleshooting method. I'm not resistance savy so that's good to know.

Thanks!

I'm wiring my butt off on this car and it's a spider web now. Getting closer.

Dave

5. saltfever

Ashford: Thank you for that . . . excellent!

6. 99TTGT

look's like a AC Delco pig tail ,lol..

On the shop manual wiring diagram Ford numbers the pins from bottom to top:
    pin 1 is ground <bottom wire>
    pin 2 is the output <middle pin is signal out>
    pin 3 is Vref<the top pin is Vref (5 V nominal)>

btw
    don't forget to adjust it...

#t=31[/url]

7. Dave R

Actually, I think it was in an AC box when it arrived. As long as it works.

Thanks!

8. 99TTGT

On the 96/98 Cobra OEM harnes
    Red wire is hot at start / run via the CCRM.Wich is the left wire if you are looking at the connector with the tab oriented on top.
    The White/Light Blue wire is the control wire from the PCM.

9. Dave R

I'm using the 94 MkVIII harness and computer but I think they are the same. Thanks for the help!!!

Dave