1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

What rods are you using 800-1000 hp

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by kamstra, Nov 20, 2011.

1. kamstra

In the middle of my 500 inch wedge build. It is a crate short block which uses eagle rods and crank. Will they be sufficent with good rod bolts or do I need to upgrade.

2. leeperryracing

the eagle stuff have been proven even beyond that and the price is right on their stuff, good rod bolts are a must. IF you're not on a strict budget, some billet (oliver, carrillo, howards etc) rods wouldn't hurt because you know you're gonna get greedy with the power :D

3. CUUDAK

I am using Eagle H-beams with ARP L19 bolts in my B-engine with a stock forged crank

4. leeperryracing

lots of guys out there getting away with 700+hp on completely stock bottom ends...maybe better rod bolts but thats it, so you'll be fine.

5. mopar_mark

Eagle with good rod bolts will be fine, providing your staying within those confines.

Not worth spending money upgrading to an Oliver rod or similar if the rest of the block is not up to the task.

6. jyrki

We have, I guess, "midrange" rods, K1's. Have run them for four years now and dynoed 1580 hp

7. wantabe

if scat make them, ive found the scat rods measure up better, round not oval etc.
    better than eagle

8. FastmOp

I run alum GRPs now. Have a set of eagles with tons of pass's and there good too.

9. rdakota340

I am in the same boat my machine guy like's Scat I have been looking at Eagle and the K1 too they are all about the same price.