1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Another timing ? w/blower

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by friendsturbolx, Feb 6, 2014.

1. friendsturbolx

Working on someones car that is/has the following:

Mexican block 331, 9:1 cr, windsor senior heads, victor 5.0, S-trim 10-11lbs boost, Aftercooler w/ice box(inlet temps around 80 deg), FAST TFI b2b, 42lb inj., (2) 255's, Leaded 110(can run c16), 7k rpm a/f @ 12.2-.5. Wanting some input on how much total timing would you guys recommend I can get away with. I will check plugs ect. before I get too agressive but I am just wondering what you all think.

Thanks in advance.

2. supedstang

on my dart blocked 363, 9.5-1 comp with afr at 10.8-1 I ran 22 degrees on 93 pump gas at 16-17psi. trapped 139mph with it like that. one day I got greedy and added 3 degrees and it melted the tops of 5 pistons and crushed the ring lands. felt like it added 100hp though lol. I would feel safe with 18-20 degrees on your setup. on c-16 I would run a bunch more.