1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

cheapest and best c-4

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by holdmeback, Dec 7, 2006.

1. holdmeback

Where is the best place to buy a c-4 with a brake that will hold up with 500rwhp and launching at 3500 to 4000 rpm's. I would like one under $1000 with a converter that will hold up well.

2. Mike Gager

with a convertor? best of luck to you!

3. holdmeback

lol!! ok maybe the converter too is pushing it, just wanted to see who most of you buy your c-4's from

4. gofastmerc

Redneck C4. Search E-bay for them.

5. Mike Gager

redneck c4

doesnt sound to bad, hell maybe im wrong

6. holdmeback

thx guys i was gonna ask about rednecks c-4's but was affraid to ask lol!

7. Mike Gager

yeah i have never heard of them before now, definetly worth checking them out though. id be leary of teh convertors but the trans might be ok

8. natron

I don't know about their complete transmissions, but their valvebodies seem to be identical to Art Carr. :2thumbs:

9. stangexprs

I have one of there transbrake valve bodies to replace an Art Carr and they are nothing alike.

10. mustang-junky

I bought their whole package and have had no problems with it.
    I already had the forged input shaft so the owner let me upgrade the converter to a forged one piece front cover piece at no additional charge. He said if the stall was not correct he would restall it for free. If I just wanted a different stall he would do it for $125.

Do a search using my name and Redneck there will be some good info there.

11. asemaster

I build transmissions for a living and have used their products a few times. I have nothing but good luck. :2thumbs: they are the exact same as art carr ;)