1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Cheap "ford" 160lb injectors?

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by Erik88GT, Dec 20, 2003.

1. Erik88GT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2448840275

This guy claims they are 160lb injectors and gives a Ford part number.

So, I message him and ask him: What stock Ford ever had 160lb injectors?

And he replies and says "the cars that use propane gas."

I'm skeptical, but I thought I'd ask around here and see if anyone knew for sure.

2. 64duece

Not sure the application but...

I have a set and they have the "Ford" logo on the plastic upper body.

3. Matt W

I have heard that the propane cars DO use the 160lb injectors. Call your local Ford dealer and ask for the part number on the injectors for the FFV Ranger or Taurus.

Matt

4. my8950

Yep, Motorsport does have 160's....

5. Kerrdogg

I used to sell those injectors on Ebay myself when I could buy them for $13 a piece (sold sets of 8 for $300, nice guy eh ;) ), real popular out west with the turbo import guys running alcohol as they are alcohol compatable. Gave up the gig when Ford bumped the part number and raised the price to $50 each. They should be a light blue in color on the cap and have a F5TE stamping number on them if I remember correctly.

6. ShaneH

He's not lying. Ford does have these for the propane powered vehicles. The propane injectors are not the best for gasoline motors. They do not have the best spray pattern, so idle quality does suffer on some combinations. The Chrysler injectors are identical to the Ford ones but are a brown injectors with the chrysler logo.

7. Erik88GT

That's some good info! Thanks guys.

It looks like that guys sells them every once in a while. The last set went for about $230.

Anyone have any first hand experience using them with gas?

The car I'm intending them for will be a big block street car, so idle is kinda important. Some 96# injectors would actually probably be more than enough.

8. ShaneH

For a big block car they'd probably do well since the pulsewidth at idle would be larger than on a 302. Now knowing your application, I'd probably recommend that you get a set if they're that cheap.

9. 64duece

If you decide to go smaller I have a set of Holley 95's w/ about 20-30 minutes dyno time for $425 shipped.

10. Kerrdogg

We used to run two sets (32) on Jason Brown's TT Lightning when we we playing with the alcohol setup. Had to run the truck on one set during startup, burnout and when idleing to the starting line, second set was activated when the truck was staged and ready to run. This help tremedously with excess fuel wash out on the cylinders and build up in the oil.

11. Erik88GT

Well, this set went for $330, go figure.

2 guys put in 3 bids in the last minute of the auction and outbid me. wtf is up with that? don't people understand how ebay works? All you have to do is put the maximum price your willing to pay and let if bid for you. :shrug: Before that, another guy put in 4 bids inching it up to my bid. :snipe:

Anyone know any good, cheap sources for these injectors? Or more info, like what year/type vehicles they came on. The guy says the part # is XL3Z-9F593-CA. I can't find a thing searching on the internet.

12. Kerrdogg

XL3Z-9F593-CA is the new part number on the injectors, let me do some digging and see if I can find some more at the old price.

BTW sounds like the guys has some friends up bidding his auction prices, nice....

13. Kerrdogg

Well that didn't take long, found some, will take a few hours to put the deal together on my end but looks like I can sell them for $30 a piece, new in the box.

14. 64duece

I need a set of 8 if you can come through.

15. rxV8

look up, 98+ CROWN VICTORIA/ GRAN MARQ.. propane cng type cars. they came with 1680cc ~ #160. i'm sure of it. i work at a shop with taxis going through em.

i used four of these on my RX-7, when i had a rotary in it, and boosting big time!

16. Erik88GT

Now there's another guy selling some 160lb ford injectors on ebay. This time they're light blue (last ones where white).

He says:
    Is that true? And is there really that much of a difference that you'd want to buy the blue ones instead of the (later) white ones?

17. Erik88GT

ttt
    :shrug:

18. 95slowbra

some people erik :stickhit: :stroke: lol they are trying to hustle... be careful if you bid gents... i got ripped off outta 600 bucks for some navi heads ... shit like that pisses me off... sorry to take over the thread erik... back to the top for you

19. Turbo351

Ford sells 150 lb injectors in the 2003/2004 Ford Racing catalogue. Sold in sets of 4 or 8.

20. Erik88GT

And what's the deal with those?

FWIW, Kerrdogg got me a set of blue ones (thanks Kerrdogg!) that I will be using on my 460 car and not reselling (lol, look at the drama in the bs forum!). I just need to wire in my resistors, then see if I can't hydro-lock my motor from all the fuel. :cheers:

Anyways, we'd probably all like to know what the difference is between white 160, blue 160, and FRPP 150lbers, so if anyone knows, speak up!