1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Throttle Body Facing The Firewall?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 14chp2c, Dec 30, 2010.

1. 14chp2c

I am assuming there is a benefit of facing the throttle body towards the firewall on a Mustang? I am building something around 900-1200HP and trying to see how to route my cold side with an a/w intercooler, or should I just leave the throttle body in the stock location?

2. turbofreek

Well when you mount the a/w intercooler behind the firewall. That could be a huge factor to why many run it strait back. It also would give more hood clearance as well.

3. 14chp2c

I am not worried about hood clearance I have a 6" hood, I have enough room to mount the a/w up front. I am just checking my options.

4. 10secgoal

Makes it easier and give more room by pretty much keeping one of the tubes completely out of the engine bay. Intake design favors 12 and 6 positions also.