1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Dead thread

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 88stangbanger, Dec 3, 2010.

1. 88stangbanger

found this kit on Craigslist. been talking to the guy for a few days now about it. is a custom hotside with a ebay coldside. with new GT35 turbo, oil lines, BOV ,wategate , manual boost controle and boost gauge. all clamps an cupplers. he 1st wanted 1800 for everything last week but i gues he need the money for a new project an now wants $1250. he said the hotside was made at a shop in delaware by a guy that does them on the side (uses a jig) it looks goo in the pic but im conserned about the material he used SS i know all the horror stories about craking but that allso was with china made kits. can you guys look at the pics an see if its a real homemade kit or a cheap china knock off an im about to get scamed out of my money. the kit is braced off the turbo to the block as seen in the pic. im meeting up with him tomarow an hes bringing everything so i can see it befor i give him the money an i will take more pics then. this is the only one he has sent so far.

also, look at the wastegate flanges does that look like they match up? looks a little off center to bolt up.

turbo kit fo sale.jpg #ad

2. blacksaleen95

Re: what do you guys think of this kit, "home made"

judging by the looks of the material and welds, it looks to be an egay cheap Chinese kit. I'd stay away.

3. slowboat

Ditto on that. The "guy" is full of crap or was mislead himself.

4. amnima

Doesn't look homemade..

5. 88stangbanger

im meeting the guy tomarow so ill take better pics then. i was allso conserned as well as it does look like an ebay kit im gona check ebay tomarow for kits that look like it. im gona get the guys name an number that "made" the kit, also tomarow so i can at least try an confirm an origin. i can afford to get a better kit but if i can save a few hundred so i can get the MS system ill try. but ill find out tomarow.

6. slow8.0

ebay

7. domn8rx

8. 88stangbanger

just woke up to check my messages. the guy texed me saying someone else is comeing to look at it befor me... thats a bit shady considering we had plans to meet. but the more i think about it the more i get a bad tast in my mouth.

domn8rx... i was looking at your pics of the crossover where you had to cut it and lengthen it. maybe thats why he sent a pic of the kit with out the crossover bolted on!

9. domn8rx

That, or the v-band clamps don't fit

john

10. 88stangbanger

well its not my problem anymore. he sold the kit after making plans to meet me later today. even though i was questionable about the kit, the fact he sold it from under me piss's me off! im sorry you dont tell someone your gona meet up at a certin time and then just sell it to someone befor you leave. i hope the guy that baught it comes on here an asks questions about it. were way ahead of him. lol

11. 10secgoal

Did tell him he's a lying sack of shit ?

12. 88stangbanger

no ill be the better person an just let karma do its job.

13. 10secgoal

You could nicely tell him you know he's lying,too. :D

14. spoolinranger

you should junk thank him, he saved you from a major lesson in turbo kits. but, should feel sorry for the one who bought. and if you can't afford a brand name kit or don't wanna drop that much on a kit, go with a garage fab type kit. Good Luck with your build.

15. furchaser

X 100,000

16. kalembopati

thats 100 ebay,y doesnt he have the cross over pipe on, that kit always have problem with their v-band

17. SlowJoe

We all told you not to buy it and you still had plans to meet him? WOW

18. 88stangbanger

WOW who are you to tell me what to do? if i wana go look at a dead body down the road i will! i had made plans to look at it befor i even posted this. i asked what were peoples oppinions on it. not if i was alowed to go look at it. just so you know i was allso supposed to meet him to trade my Big Block parts for his drag springs but that wasnt relivent to the question i asked.

19. 88stangbanger

ya i checked ebay later that day when i was sopposed to meet him. an the hot side is dead on the same as the treadstone kit. after i saw that that confirmed it for me. good luck for the next guy.

20. furchaser

I think he is saying you are now wasting space with this thread.