1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

cheap 2-bar Manifold Air Pressure (MAP) sensor original to a GM car?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by BB_Mike, Dec 6, 2010.

1. BB_Mike

I have a XFI computer and I need a MAP sensor. I think there's probably two manufacturers and aftermarket people just resticker them and charge more for that sticker.

So far I have the 1992 Pontiac Sunfire 2.0L turbo. I found it's MAP sensor at autozone for about $38.

Is there a proven OEM manifold pressure sensor for 2 bar applications like above?

Here is one that appears to be the same form/fit:
    http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=122

thanks.

2. 302f150

The gm 2 and 3 bar map sensors like the one you posted are the most common. Do a google or ebay search and you'll find tons and tons of info on them and places that sell them

3. Drac0nic

Either that one, a 3800 Supercharged, Cobalt SS I believe or a Syclone. I think you could get a TTA for a 3 bar too but they are about 70 bucks still.

4. BB_Mike

I was curious if the one for the Sunfire was plug and play. Sounds like I should go with the Auber piece since it has the most supporting details on their website. But searching for "Auber" turns up nothing on this forum and one one hit on yellow bullet. That seems odd for such an obvious deal. Is everyone just paying FAST three times the amount because "EFI costs so much"? I have done some googeling on the topic and thats what lead me to the sunfire description. but that information was old and didn't list results above the stock 10psi of boost.

the Syclone option is below:

1993 GMC Typhoon.

Holley Performance/2 bar up to 14.7 PSI boost forced induction MAP sensor - $64

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ac...earch&itemIdentifier=235191_0_0_&sortType=low

here's another:
    http://www.nos4gn.com/servlet/the-66/Buick-Turbo-Regal-Grand/Detail
    Carries an AC Delco badging, which is a plus.

5. 302f150

That is interesting... I wonder if they manufacture it or if they just sell it cheap because they aren't in the automotive market. I found a review for one of their temp control units(completely unrelated) and the guy was happy...I'd be tempted to give it a shot for the price

6. Drac0nic

Yeah it's a GM MAP that's been relabeled. Not a big deal to use it. The connector "might" not have the correct tab on it they changed it a few years back.