1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Chassis tuning advice needed

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by 85Iroc, Jun 29, 2008.

1. 85Iroc

Can some of you chassis/suspension tuning experts take a look at my vids & see if you have any advice for me?? It's a 85 camaro with ladder bars (fronts are down 3 degrees), qa1 double adjustable coilovers (don't remember exactly how many clicks but I know the extension is one click tighter on the driver side & the compression is one click tighter on the passenger side & I have a little preload in the spring in the passenger side. I THINK the driver side is 5 & 6 and the passenger side is 6 & 5), koni adjustable front struts with coilovers, set on 1 turn from full tight, limiters that are only limiting enough to keep the spring in place, 28x10.5 M/T ET drags & 3100lb race weight. Never had the car scaled so don't know the corner or front/back weights but it is nose heavy with the 572 in it. The video pass is on a 200 shot. It's been 5.94 @ 118 on motor with a 1.31 60' but this is the best nitrous pass so far (only 3 total) & only went 5.74 @ 124 w. 1.30 60' (went 126mph on the previous pass).

here's the burnout vid. Looks to me like the passenger side tire isn't getting hot enough which I wonder is why it drove to the right so hard.

Here's the pass......

Thanks for any advice guys.

2. NITROUSKINGZ

front end needs more travel!!!!!!

3. 85Iroc

Longer spring or loosen the struts??

4. NITROUSKINGZ

it never gets on the tire, loosen the struts.

5. 85Iroc

That's what I'll do. If that doesn't work I'm gonna get the longer springs from Spohn. Will they work if I just buy the springs & not the complete coilover kit? Springs should be the same diameter right?

6. NITROUSKINGZ

i use 14inch 175lbs, but you have that heavy ass BBC :D so you would need more spring!!!