1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Charged Air Systems

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by NastyNotch, Feb 9, 2003.

1. NastyNotch

Well it took some time but it's finally tuned. I will post the graph when I have a chance to scan it. Just to give everyone an idea of how much I gained my N/A numbers were 273 hp and 312 tq. First pull was seeing about 7 psi was 369 hp and 393 tq running extremely rich (off the chart). Took me a little bit to grasp the PMS, so few pulls later I got the numbers I was looking for..... 404 hp and 451 tq at 7psi :shocked: A/F was much better than before, but not as flat as I wanted it to be through out the pull. I saw about 23 deg total timing through the PMS. This thing is unreal on the street!! I am extremely pleased with the quality and numbers of this kit, but it's time to see what it will do at the track... Too bad it's still winter :rolleyes: I just need something better to tune this thing with. Maybe the interaq software and a laptop will let me tune in smaller RPM incriments.

2. PEARL MUSSIN

Man those are some really good numbers on only 7psi! Way to go:rockon:

Jeremy

3. Snipe656

congrats on the numbers.

4. NastyNotch

Thanks! Click here for the graph. Two days after tuning the car, I noticed quite a bit of smoke coming from the tailpipes. Upon further inspection, I found that the #1 spark plug had coolant on it.....DOH!!!!! This leads me to believe that I have blown a head gasket:( Everyone look at the graph and tell me if you think I tuned it a little on the lean side. I was seeing 7 psi on the dyno (dynojet), but I've seen way more on the street. I guess you live and you learn.

5. xlr8a4d

Who is charged air systems?

6. Jimmy

Tony Deslow...err...Dequick

www.chargedair.com

he's not too quick on getting stuff done unless maybe you're local

7. xlr8a4d

Thanks.Looks like a sweet system.

8. Snipe656

Yeah it does, I noticed them posting on here a couple weeks back about the systems being on the shelf and on sale. I do wonder though about them being able to get them out the door in a timely fashion though.

9. xlr8a4d

Trent,How come cas isn't on the kits page?

10. Trentk

never heard of them and they haven't contacted me. I can't put up info on someone I don't know anything about.

11. xlr8a4d

Yeah i just found out about them myself when i seen one on here. They look pretty good according to the info.

12. Snipe656

That is who Excessive Acceleration is, the company I posted about months ago. I was originally told it was being designed by CAS and marketed under EA, guess things changed.

13. NastyNotch

Just went to his shop this past weekend. He's got a couple of kits ready to go!

14. dman

23*s timing and 7 psi shouldn't come close to blowing a head gasket. unless ofcoarse your running 12-13psi on the street with 92 octane, that will do it.!

15. Trentk

\

have him contact me so I can get his kit info up on the page

Thanks,
    Trent

16. blackholehunter

NastyNotch- do you have any pics of the kit installed on your car?

Scott

17. NastyNotch

Dman- I did see 7 psi on the dyno (dynojet) I was getting a little greedy while tuning so i tuned a little lean (I wanted to see 400 hp to the wheels) I did forget that I would see more boost on the street since I'd actually put a load on the enigne while on the street. So on the street I did see an extra 3 to 4 psi. Man, did it pull hard! Oh well you live and you learn! I also did this on 93 octane.

Trent- Too bad I didn't see this on Friday before I went to his shop. I'll be by CAS again by next week, so I'll pass this info on to Tony.

Blackholehunter- I'm going to upload pics of my car to my yahoo account this weekend, so check back and I should have a link posted.

18. NastyNotch

Ok so 1/2 an hour after my last post I uploaded some pics. Six to be exact. Three of the kit in my car (sorry about the dark pics!), and three of the kit installed on an engine stand at CAS. Click here for Pics! I'll get some more pics of the kit on my car when I get it back together this week.

19. blackholehunter

Looks damn good! :bling:

20. JZ 97 SS 1500

Tony makes some awesome stuff. That kit looks great, looks very clean and well thought out. He is now also building a Twin turob kit for the LT1 and LS1's. The only LS1 that I know of with the kit dynoed a few weeks ago. He has 9.0cr, ported heads and cam, @ 6psi, car made 520rwhp/500rwtq. His kits seem to be very efficient.

Jose