1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

changed from RPM Airgap to Victor JR

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by blown385, Feb 25, 2007.

1. blown385

Old setup : New setup:

383 sbc 385 sbc
    8.5:1 cr 8.9:1 cr
    D1SC same
    15 # boost 12# boost
    RPM air gap Victor JR
    74/84 jets 74/88 jets
    holley 750 carbshop same
    50 cc pump in front 30 rear same
    6.5 pv same
    timing 36 pulling out .5 per # 34 pulling out .5 per #
    11.5 AFR 13.5 AFR
    aeromotive 1000 same

the only other change is the new motor is sealed up much better.and clearances closer. the victor jr is port matched

can my AFR's change that much with these changes? How much more jet can I go before having to change something else ?can changing my base fuel preasure help? I havent had the timing fine tuned yet ,does timing have anything to do it?

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ..... Dose any one know any good blow thru guys with dyno in central Florida? I live in Orlando . THANK YOU
    Also why the drop in boost?

2. blown385

just double checked the jetting now is 78/88

3. Lincs 84 351

4. blown385

do the vent tubes let me run more primary jet and have higher AFR'S at part throttle.
    Is the goal to have both jets equal ?

BTW I think my Altronics wideband O2 sensor just went bad.Its reading 14.5 all the time now,even in open air .I tried to calibrate it but it wont.Is there a way to test it?

5. Silverfox

For shops with dynometers, you can try Lugo's or Lamotta, they are both in the area. There will probably be a mobile dynometer at the Fun Ford weekend event at the Orlando track next weekend as well.

6. blown385

Ive used Corvete masters,and Central Florida Turbo's dynos for HP and torque but Im looking for somebody experienced with blow thru. Ill be out there on Fun Ford Weekend ,they get a hudge turn out. Orlando Speedworld is not a very good track but its always stickier after Fun Ford weekend.

7. 10secgoal

You haveing a supercharger would explaina drop in boost. But not with a turbo. The manifold is less of a restriction with the bigger intake.
    Are your AFR's flat ? You could richen it up with a change in air bleed if they are not flat. I run 75-85 with 7psi. I have a flat fuel curve, and run less jet.

8. Lincs 84 351

The goal is to be able to run LESS jet. Yes, leaner AFR's at part throttle and richer AFR under boost.
    Read the threads, they are very informative!