1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Certified Cage and Still Have a Rear Seat?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by GTTURBO88, Nov 4, 2007.

1. GTTURBO88

I'm looking into getting a real cage done for my car very soon. Car runs 9.60's at 140 currently, but plans are to go high 8's eventually. I was pretty much leaning toward ditching the rear seat, but heres my dilema. I do street drive this thing alot and I have a wife and small children and the kids would have nowhere to ride if I ditched the rear seat. Is ditching the rear seat the only way to go to be safe and compliant with NHRA specs? My car is an 88GT. Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Supe

No need to ditch. You can bend the rear bars to go over the seat, and it's easy to do with a pro stock style hoop setup.

3. GTTURBO88

Thanks for the info. I will look into that option with my chassis guy.