1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Ceramic coating Recommendation

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by roadracer ron, Oct 23, 2010.

1. roadracer ron

I went with "NITROPLATE" for my exhaust plating..... .!!....I am impressed the way they run their business ....!! Three years warranty on the coatings , and the sweetheart receptionist told me if I didn't like the coating I picked , to send it back and they would do it over for free !! And the cost is as low as about anyone... all the parts shown (not done yet..!! ) in the pic , all done for $265. plus shipping, as far as I am concerned you just can't beat that !!! :chacha:
    And they are a Drag racing group , and they pay contingency money for some / or all of the classes !!! :2thumbs:

2. bluchev

Did you really make this thread and not even post a picture of the coating or mention who did the work????

:doh: :stupid: :doh:

3. roadracer ron

What's this calling me stupid for ...?? I told who did the plating....... NITROPLATE did???? and it looks just like satin plating ..!?!?! :stupid:

4. bluchev

LOL sorry bud i dont see a picture :huh:

5. roadracer ron

Dude... that's because I didn't take a pic.... I mean to say any ones plating job looks good straight out of their shop.... But these guys guarantee their work for three years against chipping , rusting or flaking... If you want I'll take a pic in three years to show how well it holds up...!? :cheers: they even told me if I didn't like the coating that I chose , that they would do it over for free minus shipping cost...!!!
    But here is a link to the parts "Before" they went to NITROPLATE... And they did these parts inside and out for $265.
    [​IMG]#ad

6. 10secgoal

Relax, he was being sarcastic. I was thinking the same thing when I didn't see a pic.

Wrong forum btw

:doh: :stupid: :doh: hahaha ( :D :angel:)

7. roadracer ron

I'm not all that familiar with this forum , and I was just trying to give some good information to someone that was looking for a plating company... And I get a little ticked by internet toughguys........ I got away from "The Corral" due to that trash talk..
    That is until I met one of those guys at Bowling green , Ky. at one of their Corral Days... He won't be doing that any more !!
    I'm not on any site to cause problems , just ask questions and give help if I can......

8. slowboat

It clearly says in the quote above " ... all the parts shown (not done yet..!! ) in the pic " . So I think people reading this expect to see a picture of the parts you were sending to plate. That's how I understood it as well and was wondering where the picture was. Also, nitroplate could easily be mistaken for a kind of plating not a company that does plating. No need for getting upset. We are all here to help each other.

9. roadracer ron

I know that I posted that link from Photobucket , I do not know why it didn't show up in my post !?!? I'll try again.. here is Nitroplate's website : http://nitroplate.com/ws/

3in._Turbo_Plumbing.jpg.jpg #ad

10. 10secgoal

Going to have to have have thick skin here. People are going to fuck with you just because it's fun. The corral is full of morons anyways.

This is where you have to have thick skin :ras:
    Throw the pics up when it's done. ;)

11. slowboat

Thanks for the follow up.

12. littlebluefoxbody

13. cravens02

How much heat can that coating handle? Thats to both of you guys, Littlebluefoxbody what coating did you vet from them?

14. roadracer ron

Nitroplate company says their coating is good for 1300 degrees , and they warranty it..
    Link to warranty : http://nitroplate.com/ws/?page_id=53

15. cravens02

I saw that and that is cool that they do that, what's the avg temp of turbo piping? :2thumbs:

16. roadracer ron

Not exactly sure...., never used a pyrometer on the exhaust !?!? :D
    But if it burns off they'll fix it...

17. cravens02

Yeah that's the nice thing abought it, was just wondering cuz iam getting ready to do mine and was looking at the 2000'¢ and the 1300'¢ like you have and the 2000'¢ one says it's for turbo, also what Gage and side is your pipeing?

18. roadracer ron

I plumbed mine with 16 guage (.065") mild steel , I tried using Stainless steel tubing , but stainless warps & twists sooo much that I worried about having the stuff start breaking at the welds down the road , like alot of people complaining about the 304 stainless aftermaket headers doing.... :( I buildt my header flanges out of 3/8" flat stock , and welded my tubes on them... after they came back from the machine shop to have them faced, thet were only about 5/16" thick !! :doh: That's when I decided to go with mild steel , I did the same procedure and my machinist said that he didn't really have to face them , but did and but only took off approx. .010".. :cheers: so we'll see with the coating...., If it will hold up to the extra heat, if there any !?!?!?.. lol

19. Zacharyx

I would get pissed having to take my shit back apart if it did burn off

20. roadracer ron

bridal-shoal