1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

4v swap coil issue on COP

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by Stzang, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Stzang

So I wasn't sure if this was already out there but I am doing a 4v swap in my 00' GT Mustang. I remember while investigating the things to look out for that the coils are reversed polarity and the wiring harness is too short. I happened to do some research and found that if you wish to keep your GT COP and use your GT coil plugs then all you need is the new boot and wire(spring) for your GT coils to work. At any NAPA store you can get replacement coil boots and springs with either part #702420 or #58908. The only thing is that the rubber has to be cut slightly to seat on the bottom of the GT coil but this beats getting 8 DOHC connectors or buying 8 new DOHC coils.

2. Turbo Terror

the connectors are the same polarity is just switched i actually have a set of coils with 15 miles on the for sale if you need some