1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

catch can setups...post up pics of yours

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by wastegatefromhell, Jan 13, 2010.

1. wastegatefromhell

I am in the middle of trying to find parts for this setup and seeing how other peoples catch can setup looks. So if you have one post up pics please.

Also if you could let me know what catch can you used and where you bought it from.

2. 99TTGT

3. wastegatefromhell

Thanks the first link helped, but could anyone who has a catch can setup let me know what size fittings you used and what kind of catch cans and what not. Also to those that are using the catch cans with the breather on top... doesn't that let out the vacuum being produced?

4. wastegatefromhell

Will that solve the pressurized crank case problem then? For some reason when my turbo kit was put on the shop plugged my pcv on my valve covers and my rear main seal is starting to leak, so everyone is telling me to get a catch can and run lines from both pcv valves on the valve covers to a catch can then run a line from the catch can to my turbo inlet pipe so the turbo acts as a vacuum, but this isn't what they are saying.

5. 99TTGT

yes ,It will take care of your problem..
    I run -8 on mine, -10 will also work.

6. wastegatefromhell

Alright thanks a lot guys. I am just going to run breathers for now until next off season when I have more money.... for some reason my valve covers are just plugged right now. So anything is better then that for just one year.

7. KooK

Is that thing baffled in any way or is it hollow inside?

8. BOSS 32V

Here's mine, -8an from each cam cover to a single -12an

[​IMG]#ad

9. Mikes001GT

Do any of you collect alot of water in you can? I just put one on and it always fills with water, it been cold here and the car sits for a good time but I cant believe how much it collects and how fast, Im hoping its just condensation :huh:

10. jmstekguy

more than likely condensation from starting and shutting off a lot, in cold weather, mine did that when i had to pull the car outside in cold weather and pulling it in afterwards

11. BlownShovel

I have one I made out of an old PS reservoir. It is baffled and I put stainless steel mesh in it to help grab the oil.

It will gather some condensation. Especially in the colder months. Kind of like how aluminum valve covers will coat inside this time of year.

12. Mikes001GT

It will gather some condensation. Especially in the colder months. Kind of like how aluminum valve covers will coat inside this time of year.
    [/quote]

I also get a thick build up of sludge, could that be from the oil/water mixing together? In this pic i had just a water seperator from a compressor hooked to each valve cover and some how it filled with water then my exhaust filled with sludge, After that happened I changed to running two cans one on each side that were bigger but i can still see sludge build inside the fittings that run to the valve covers. since the change it hasnt come from the exhaust again, also I pulled a compression test and everything was fine I dont understand how it happened.

oh no.jpg #ad

13. jmstekguy

yes, i have had the same issue on my lightning motor, under the oil cap, if your gonna let the car run let it run until oil comes to engine temp, or dont run it at all, as long as the oil in the dipstick doesnt look like this after running, your ok, try to find some sort of storage for the vehicle itll be better in the long run, especially when the cams and followers are at the top of the motor (which is were most of the condensation accumulates), im sure others will tell you the same, not everyone has heaed garages lol

14. Mikes001GT

Thanks, good info, usually the car gets started up and moved more than anything lately so i guess thats where alot of the built up condensation is coming from. I still dont understand how it got out the exhaust tho any ideas?