1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

catch can/breather help please

Discussion in 'LS1, LS2, LS6, LT1, SBC Turbo and other GM Specfic Turbo Tech' started by turbo kid, Jul 3, 2009.

1. turbo kid

I have a 2004 ls1 with twin turbos on it in a old chevy.I just got it running and it does run good but it smokes!!!!Yesterday when I first went for a 20 mile drive to de bug the car I would see blue smoke ONLY when I put my foot into it so that it would build 4 , 5 , and 6 lbs of boost.After a boost blast it would go away while driving like one should.So today I removed vac line from the t body to the valley pan,I removed the t body to the pass valve cover and then capped all the fittings on the t body and the the valley pan.Next I put a rubber hose onto each valve cover and then to a catch can and now it smokes all of the time while driving like one should and on boost blast.Please tell me how you have yours vented.Do I need to weld -10 fittings onto the valve covers and then run -10 hose to the catch can.HELP!!!!!

2. jonarotz

I'm running two 3/8" hoses from each valve cover and into a catch can and I don't have any issues. I removed the PCV and all that stuff too. How big is your oil return line out of your turbos? Is it a straight path to your oil pan? How much oil pressure are the turbos seeing?

3. turbo kid

-10 oil return lines and they are straight also the turbos feed lines are -4 with a .90 restrictor.I dont have a pcv valve on my 2004(that I can find.)I again hooked up the 3/8 line from the t body to the valley vent tube and the car stopped smoking while driving around off of boost.I will put a catch can between the t body and the valley also I guess I will put a can with a hose from both valve covers!