1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Cat Turbo????

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 2slowchevelle427, Feb 13, 2012.

1. 2slowchevelle427

So we got a turbo given to us. It is a Caterpillar pn: or-7923. Compressor wheel is 102.9 mm. Haven't gotten the turbine housing off yet to measure. Anybody have any specs on this?

2. furchaser

That's off a 3406 Cat .. not much info out there about them.
    Turbodave's may know something as he sells them as a BorgWarner S410g .

3. 2slowchevelle427

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction sir. It is much appreciated!

4. Agent86

Huge spec.

If its a wastegated housing it will be a 1.44, if not it will likley be 1.5 or so.

good to around 580-600 HP at the wheels on the 3406, whatever that will work out to on a gas engine.