1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Cat restriction

Discussion in 'Turbo Diesel Forum' started by Gotcha, Jan 30, 2023.

1. Gotcha

Looking for some info before I take the leap. My diesels DPF and CAT is one box, I had to have the dpf removed (internals and software delete) because it was done for. Now the CAT side, where it connects to the turbo outlet there is this plate as per the picture. Will it be better to remove this? I will then be putting in a downpipe. Just don't want to do the downpipe and have issues with torque or other problems.

"Development work has been ongoing for a few months into the D3/D4 DPF unit which is absurdly restrictive. The OEM design has a steel plate blocking the majority of the inlet (see image below).

We have heard of customers knocking the ceramic core out of the DPF and gaining no extra power. This is probably because the DPF is not the restriction, its the steel casing of the DPF inside the can that is blocking the inlet!"

dpf1.JPG #ad