1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Blowthrough with BOV????

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Dave R, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Dave R

Hey everyone. I'm gathering the parts for my turbo kit and need a little advice. I know my Pro-M Blowthrough meter worked great with my Procharger setup and was thinking it'd do the same with a turbo in the same configuration but using a BOV instead of a bypass. I'm thinking the meter could be located in the passenger fender and the BOV somewhere before the MAF and IC. Would this work efficiently or is the BOV required to be close to the throttle body? I know it needs to be before the MAF.

The setup will consist of a Dart based 347, AFR185's, Ported RPM, MP T70 with BG headers and hopefully my Pro-M with 42's.
    Should I run a drawthrough meter and run a bypass instead of a BOV? I like having a lower cost setup with using parts I have that would be sufficient.

I was looking at things like the Gen6 and other stand-alones but I'm not going to be able to fork out over $1000 for a management system that I'll have difficulty finding a tuner familiar with. It'd be nice if I could just get a good used non MAF (stand-alone) system for under $1000 and have knowledgeable help with it.
    I'd like something as simple as the PMS with my MAF setup if it's possible.

Thanks for any constructive advice.
    Dave

2. SoL_93GT

A blowthrough would work fine, the bov just needs to be before the mass air sensor, somewhere between the intercooler and massair sensor would be fine. The draw through might have a little better driveability from what I've heard. Depending on how much power you plan on making you'll eventually have to go to a no mass air stand alone setup. Any stand alone speed desity (non-mass air) will cost alot, the mass air engine management systems tend to work pretty good such as tweecer, eec tuner, and PMS, or customer burn chips.

Briane