1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1. yellowlt1ta

My engine builder is asking me if I would like to O-Ring the block.
    If I do would I need a special head gasket or something that may not be avalible for the LT1?

Thanks in advance, Dave

2. RABBITUSA

Depending on the boost you plan to run.We always o-ring our Big blocks and run copper head gaskets.

3. yellowlt1ta

well im going into 20psi.

can I do it with the LT1 block?

I dont think that there are may options when buying an LT1 head gasket.

4. OLDHEAD

STOP; I used SS orings in the block and reciver groves in the heads and used copper head gaskets.....Tryied MANY sets of coppers with all kinds of sealent,Never blew a one.BUT LEAK,every one,even with Moroso block sealent....I now use Fel-pro Rubber coated ML gaskets,no problem for years.Don't forget head studs... :) :) :) :)OLDHEAD

5. Robert1320

I don't know if they have an LT-1 gasket yet.
    The Cometic will work if prepped correctly!