1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Carter brand A1000 fuel pump? any difference?

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by Mike93SVT, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Mike93SVT

anybody know something about these "carter" style aeromotive A100 fuel pumps? looks like an a1000 but blue and says "Carter by aeromotive". kit comes with pump, carter fuel filters and reg. looks like normal aeromotive stuff. knock off possibly?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRT-P4700HP/

2. stangman9897

Thats strange, first one i've seen . Why would Aero put Carter on there pump ? they didn't post any ratings on it either.

3. Mike93SVT

well the reason i was asking was for an ebay auction that was an entire kit. like the aeromotive hot rod kit. fuel pump, filters, and reg.

aeromotive and carter weren't open for the weekend. summit had no clue what i was talking about even though they show it in stock on their website. but jegs said it's not the same internally. i also found a tech sheet for it and the ratings were slightly lower than what aeromotive advertises for the a1000

so, future searchers.... it's not the same, and more expensive. don't waste your time :cheers: