1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Cartech SN95 Outlaw T64

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by ronlp, Jul 7, 2003.

1. ronlp

It's arrived.

I've finally justified my existance here. :D

After an 11 day journey via UPS, the system I've wanted for two years has been delivered. Boxes (3) arrived intact and the packaging was excellent. Took me over an hour to unpack everything, as every piece was individually wrapped, then engulfed in a sea of foam peanuts (a good portion of which has been distributed all over the neighborhood by the wind....hehe, looks like snow).

Not having a kit before and having nothing to compare it to, I can only say that from what I see, everything looks to be of very high quality. Stainless hot side is pretty and the welds look great. Cold side is wrinkle black powdercoat. Kit is very complete with lots of "stuff".

Highlights of the Outlaw are:

T304 S/S hot section (Headers, Cross Over, etc)
    1 5/8" Custom 4-1 headers
    3" Downpipe
    2 1/2" Crossover Tube
    Y-Pipe with Ball flanges
    2 1/2" Intercooler Piping
    3-ply silicone connectors and clamps
    3" Bar-Plate Intercooler Assembly )
    Bosch by-pass valve
    Garrett T64E turbo
    Innovative Pro Wastegate
    Cartech Billet Fuel Pressure Regulator (FMU)
    High Pressure In-Tank Fuel Pump

OK, what everyone always wants to know: 1. How much, 2. how long, and 3. what issues?

1. Thanks to the excellent special pricing from Beau at Mental Addiction, I basically got the much improved Outlaw kit at the SS price. Total was less than $4100 shipped.

2. From my experience, any history of long wait times seems to be in the past. Considering any SN95 kit isn't the most popular, much less it being the newest version, I was more than pleased that it shipped in about 6 weeks from when the order was placed. This included a several day wait while Amex determined if the person charging 4K to a card was really me.

3. nonesofar

Of course I will update this as I embark on the install.

I want to personally thank everyone at Cartech and their suppliers, and especially Beau at Mental Addiction for all help and excellent service.

Cartech
    Mental Addiction

2. ronlp

kit1

3. ronlp

kit2

4. ronlp

kit3

5. ronlp

turbo1

6. ronlp

turbo2

7. ronlp

turbo3

8. ronlp

header1

9. ronlp

header2

10. ronlp

last one
    wastegate

11. Redsnk95

That is really awesome dude! Kit looks good, glad your happy. Being an SN95 owner, I can't wait to see how it looks in the car.

Troy

12. ronlp

Thanks alot.

Hard to believe that it's all gonna fit in there.

Should move along pretty quick (I hope), Car goes in for paint in about three weeks.

13. Snipe656

Cool, that does look pretty damn good.

14. ronlp

Yes! The official Turbo Wizard endorsement. :bling:

Seriously, thanks Aaron. You're an honest (and sometimes rightfully harsh) critic. This was a big decision that I mulled over for a long time, afraid of getting caught up in the "turbo drama". Ended up selling my bike to finance it and I'm gonna sell my quad to dump more into it, so the project was/is not without risk.

15. Snipe656

haha ... no problem ... I like how you got it in that time frame too, shows things are VERY different from the old Cartech. Let us all know how the install goes.

16. Redsnk95

Yes I've bought a few things from Cartech in the past year and Preston and Mike have gotten things running 10000000x better than when Cartech was under Bell Engineering. Once they get the new inventory completely done, the company will be solid once again.

Troy

17. Snipe656

Only thing I bought was some fuel rails from the new Cartech, but have to admit they gave me one heck of a deal since I was a "return customer" and even went out of their way to meet me up in Houston to give me the parts.

18. DynoDan

Wow, that looks great!! I think I need an SN95 with a single turbo kit!! Since you guys have been dealing with CarTech lately, so you know if they have a dyno?

19. Redsnk95

As far as I know they don't have an inhouse dyno. I would call Preston or Mike to find out for sure...if they don't there are 2 dynos in SA that are near them.

Troy

20. DynoDan

OK, thanks for the heads up! I'm looking to do a little "horse trading" on a kit. If they need a Dynojet dyno, I need a kit (hopefully I can make it worth their time to consider). ;)

I tried to work something out with Brad from Turbolocity, but I see he went with a Mustang dyno. That's all good and I wish him well with his new toy, congrats.