1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Cartech Outlaw intercooler info.

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by quarterstang86, Apr 29, 2004.

1. quarterstang86

I ran a search, didn't find much. :)

There is a gentlemen local to me that has a Cartech Outlaw IC 4-sale. I called Cartech to get the exact dimensions according to his description of it and they told me the following..

Rated to effeciently support 700Flywheel
    Measurements are 3" Thick, 27"Length, 6" height.

It's for a single turbo, thought the price was pretty good for it used. Need any information here on if I should jump or not. I'm going to be fabbing up an entire single kit in the future with a PT74GTQ on a 302 for the moment, looking for 9sec power @ 3050lbs with a 5spd. I already have the chassis for the power.

Typically what do you guys pay to have an intercooler built? Would there be any advantage to having a custom one created. Cartech quoted me $840.00 for this very IC new. I'm not willing to hack up the front of my 86GT nose either, everything must fit behind it in good fashion. :D