1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Cartech Intercooler

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by revn351, Nov 5, 2010.

1. revn351

I have a old cartech intercooler that I plan on using with my blo-thru set up.The car is a 90 mustang with a 351 windsor with canfield heads that bring comp. 10.5:1. Not sure but more likely Ill be using a super victornintake{i all ready got it,but i do have a pro products victor jr style also} and a custom cam motion solid roller.On the turbo side will be a ponydown t-6 kit as soon as i send it back to get it redone with a s475 blowing all the air.My cold side pipes are 3" and this is where I have a question. My intercooler is 2.5" and my pipes a 3" will I have a problem like this or can I run it? If I have to Ill get a different cooler but would like to run this one if not a problem.At first I wasnt gonna run one but got this through some trades.

2. revn351

Not sure if 3" would fit on the cooler itself. Guess Ill run it like that for now.Ill be calling you ill be calling you all for some parts this week. Thanks.