1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

carb hat on 4150 holley

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by monteSS87, Feb 18, 2011.

1. monteSS87

i have a holley 4150 hp series 750cfm carb, i need to find a carb hat that will fit over the needle and seat screws while facing the front of the vehicle, yet be 2.75 inches tall or shoter to fit under the stock hood. the spectre ones i have hit the the screw on the float bowl... i was wondering if one of these procharger ones fit: http://www.procharger.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=18 http://www.procharger.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=17 or if anyone knows of a different one that fits id really appriciate it, Thanks!

2. slow8.0

I have ran the Spectre ones at the 6' o clock position without problems. Can you post a pic of which bonnet you have?

3. monteSS87

the one i have right now is the 2.4 inch tall one.. i had the 3 inch tall spectre one and it fit over the carb, but was tall enough to just hit the hood when fully closed, so i need one 2 3/4 tall or shorter

4. cat herder

Does it clear the bowl, but not the adjuster? If so just cut a hole for the adjuster, and weld in an inverted cup on the inside to seal the hole.

5. DButler

I went through the same problem. I changed my intake and was able to go with a EV hat and 1/2" spacer. This is on my 67 Camaro.

6. Boost Engineer

X2

I have made similar mods to GM air cleaners to fit Holley carbs. Get a steel freeze plug, sand blast the plating off of it, weld it at the correct location to clear the adjuster nut, and then paint it to keep it from rusting.

Tom Vaught