1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

I am still around guys…..

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by Brent Davis, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Brent Davis

I don't post up nearly as much as I used to because of work, kids, wife and just life in general. I sold 'lil red to a friend of mine but before selling it, I bought a 2013 Dodge SRT8 Superbee which comes with 470HP from a 6.4 litre. I was going to Supercharge it but after debates on HAVING to put pistons in a new engine, I traded the car for a 2014 5.0 and will install a 2.9 Whipplecharger on it. Of course it is 'lil red #2. This car will stay under 700 HP no matter what. I realized with 'lil red that it wasn't fun anymore once I added the glide, bigger 427 engine, yada, yada, yada.

I still do carb stuff too and actually miss this stuff but man has technology taken off with the injected stuff that's out there now.

Anyways, just stopping by.

[​IMG]#ad

66sprint6 likes this.
  2. Slopoke

I dont post up much anymore at all just read alot. But, i have to say this. In the past 10 years I have learned and forgotten many things from you and the guys in the carb section but i will never forget lil red. I always thought it was THA SHIT! I can remember 1 video of it going like 150 or 160 out the back door and running like a 10.50 or something...lol , i might have too go look for it now that i mention it. BTW the new red is slick 2!

3. 91turboterror

Welcome back the Mustang looks good.

4. BlownShovel

Hey Brent. Glad things are going. With you 100% on Kids, House, Work and Life taking a lot of the free time away. Good looking stang - headed back in the right direction mang

5. turbofreek

Tks brent now im craving a red mustang like yours. Glad to see your doing well.

6. afterfire

Care to elaborate on what you mean by saying "it wasn't fun anymore....."? I assume you mean that it wasn't streetable, or that it broke too many things?

7. blown385

Hey Brent . :hand:

8. Brent Davis

Thanks man. Lil Red was a good ride but too racey in the end for me. It ran
    This content is protected
    MPH and was slippin' and sliddin' all the way down the track too.

Thanks man. The new stangs are no joke. Got some 1 7/8" longtubes, Cold air kit and Roush exhaust which will put down around 380-400 RWHP.

Thanks Walt. How's Hannah and the other babies doing? Yeah getting back on the saddle was a must have. Glad to have some serious oats again.

Thanks man, get you one of these bad boys.....lol.

It was just too racey for me and not very much streetable enough like it was when I had the 5-speed in it. I NEVER broke anything with the 302 but it was coming though had I kept the 427.

LOL, what's up Dave? I see you kicking ASS with that truck man. Glad to see a blow-thru doing so well still.

9. twofast

yo, stranger!
    been wondering what became of you and the stang.

paul

10. DarrenK

Good to hear from you Brent, I haven't frequented the forum (or any for that matter) in a while but my blo-thru carb car got in the 10s a couple months ago, and I have begun collecting parts for an EFI swap. (can I say that in here?)

http://qikfords.freehosting.net/ndex.htm

11. BlownShovel

Oh Darren - for the sake of all things holy :) Good see the 10's man

12. turbostang500

Brent, I have read many of your threads and learned a ton of info. Glad to see your still around! That new mustang is pretty sharp.

13. jim wingo

I am still around also, lost my password and kind of gave up trying to change it, then it booted me out for 5 tries-computers, jeeezzzzzz
    speaking of which, I tried FI on my newest project, god I miss the days of blowthru, like getting remarried and liking the first wife better, lol

14. Stroked-Z

I'm here too! Brent you putting a carb on that new Mustang :)

15. BlownShovel

Hey Carm I see you are headed back to CARB'd? Alright :cool:

16. Stroked-Z

Yes I am :)

Actually gonna send you a PM. Need a carb hat.

17. PEARL MUSSIN

Whats up Brent... Im still rocking the crutch. Car went down early last year, I sold my full race C4 and hope to be going with a built AOD this year. I want the OD because I almost never race it at the track anymore. Busy job, Baby 8 month old Girl yada yada. Mustang is so far on the back burner it fell behind the stove, lol. I always think about going back to EFI just for cruise ability....

Jeremy

18. Boost Engineer

Glad you stepped up to a new 2014 Mustang 5.0. A really nice package.

Will run great with a Whipple on it.

Tom Vaught

19. 04mx

BOUT TIME :stickpoker:

20. Brent Davis

Thanks guys. These new cars are just so sophisticated lately..........basically with a FAST system from the factory nowadays........remote tuning, etc.

I thought seriously about going with turbo(s) but decided to go with the blower instead. I am currently installing the blower now and found that there's lots of re-pinning and wiring doing the new cars. Long gone are the old days wheer you just bolt on a blower and go.

[​IMG]#ad