1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

car wont idle by itself until around 100 degrees

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by mchnhd4, Oct 10, 2006.

1. mchnhd4

everytime i start the car it wont idle by itself until the temp reaches aruond 100. I have to keep tapping the gas. Is this because of the supercharger? I know other guys who are n/a or nitrous cars and they idle perfectly fine w/o tapping the gas, and they dont have chokes either. The carb is a csu and its been to the dyno and tuned. Maybe not tuned correctly though?? :huh: Whats going on here?

2. Bellman Jeff

The simple answer may be your idle is too lean..

A more complicated answer may be in your choke adjustment.. Is the fast idle screw set properly..Is the choke valve being pulled off too much..Ect. ect. ect..

3. mchnhd4

there is no choke. :huh:
    if I set the idle screw a little deeper when it warms up it will idle about a 1000

4. chevyguy3

its not getting enough fuel when its cold

5. mchnhd4

ok i just talked to kevin and all is good. Thanks anyway guys