1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

700 r4 what a pos compared to the 4l60 4l80

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by actmobmar, Apr 24, 2015.

1. actmobmar

Got a boat customers 69 camaro in the shop (normally work on his diesel searay) , fixed a bunch of stuff the local speed shop butchered. Anyway, the car up shifts at 1500 1 to 2, unsure of 2 3 but real early. Put the holly linkage correcter on, fixed the banging shift. Ordered the governor correction kit from b and m. What a pita dropping the cross member to get to the governor cover, and I may have to do this several times to get it rite. Soldering up a harness for my 4l80 just seemed even easier! Nice to be able to adjust shift points with a tap on the keyboard!

2. Disney Lincoln

3. Drac0nic

The TV cable is the worse part of it overall compared to a 60/65E IMO. If you're shifting early did you check line pressure? If it's shifting low you may have low line pressure. Basically the throw out weights push down on a piston in the governor which gets pushed back on with fluid pressure, and in turn that determines the RPM at which the box shifts.

4. actmobmar

i acually got it pretty close on the first try. i replaced the tv cable(it was binding, they had put a 90 degree bend in it), and pulled the governor, had 2 15 gram weights in it. put in 2 10 g weights, and medium springs. now it wot upshifts at 5400, and will actually downshift 3-2. i can't get it to downshift 2-1 though. 1-2 upshift is still early at lite throttle, but 2-3 is perfect. strange about the no 2-1 downshift on a 10 mph roll in drive, but yet 3-2 is good?

5. Ers455

What about 200r4 trans

6. Bad Medicine Racing

200-4R is a good unit. They need to have the CZ or BR valve body, matching governor, and preferably a BR servo to hold up, and have good shift manners. The "granny car" calibration will get you soft shifts around 3000 rpm. That included KC and a few other codes I cont remember off the top of my head. The BR and CZ shift around 5000 with a much firmer feel. I like to block all the accumulators, use a sonnax billet servo, and and wide alto band. A hardened stator support, and a billet anchor pin should also be used.