1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Car Trailers / Haulers, ever heard of Xtra Tuff trailers?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Kerrdogg, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Kerrdogg

Looking at car trailers, a 24ft V nose Tag, only place around here for miles carrys Pace, a good name brand but I have a ton of friends with them and they have all had problems. Started looking around the net and find a buch of smaller manufactures in GA, looked them over and priced them out to be around $2k cheaper than the same model in a Pace. You have to drive to Ga to pick it up, but it's not like the Pace gets here for free either.

So has anyone heard good or bad about,

Xtra Tuff Trailers (Owner worked for Pace for 15 years) or Southern Trailer Depot, their prices are very similar, and the option prices are all close, Xtra tuff comes out a bit cheaper for what I am looking for.

24ft V- Nose Tag

Base Trailer $3,775.00
    LED Package $150.00
    A/C Prep $75.00
    Generator Door $175.00
    Radial Tires $150.00
    Screwless Exterior $300.00
    Colored Exterior $225.00
    Electric Package $425.00
    White ceiling, insulated $600.00
    5000lb axles ?

I'm Guessing around $6200 complete.

2. yellowpony

Bringing this back from the dead. I bought one in march/April of 2011. Price was right, but that's it. Price doesn't mean anything now, should have bought a pace or haulmark it other well known brand. If I can offer any advice, stay the f away from these things, nothing but problems, only good thing about it is I have a good set of axles. Aluminum peeled off the side going down the road, has broken 3 posts in the wall, roof has been fixed twice, door sagging, screws falling out of it, deadbolt doesn't work. Spend the extra money! I cheaped out and am paying the price for it now.

anthony

3. Kerrdogg

Sorry to hear that, we picked up ours in Oct, 2010 in GA at the plant, only problem I have had to date is the black paint they used on the frame has started to surface rust (we are less than a 1/4 from the Atlantic Ocean though) and the cheap lock on the generator door is just a bad design but no biggie. Now that we have started to go to some shows / races further away I would like to step up to a 32' with living quarters / bathroom in the front, but that is still a couple years away.

The side peeling off, did you get the smooth screwless exterior?

4. yellowpony

John, it was not the screwless exterior, but that didn't matter here, it was the DOOR aluminum that peeled off like a tuna can top, there are no screws in the door. I am currently pricing trailers now, and may sell the one I have.

Anthony

5. Disney Lincoln

Epic suck!!! We just bought a new trailer for our company race team. Hopefully it has better luck!