1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Car shuts off when in reverse while wheel turned

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by Projecth, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Projecth

Hello! Every once in a while while in reverse the car would simply shut off. Each time it happens I have my wheel slightly turned (like pulling out a parking spot). Funny thing is the last time it happened I tried to start it 5 times and it wouldn't fire up. I straighten out the steering wheel and it fired right up!!! WTF??

Had a tremec 600 put in a couple of months ago and durning the install so wires got ripped away from a plug that went into the transmission. Problem is after two months the problem just started a few weeks ago.

I know how to operate my car so it's not me stalling out and I jacked the car up to see if the tires was rubbing on something important. Can't find the issue!

Help!

2. 10secgoal

Had something similar when I'd put the car in drive. So I chased a vacuum leak thinking the load from drive was causing it. Ended up being a floating ground. Ok ground thru the ahifter linkage when in park but lost it when going to drive. Made a few new geounds and whamo!