1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

considering making my own kit for a 302,or 351w in a 1994 sn95

Discussion in 'DIY and Junkyard Turbo Tech' started by ricky, Oct 6, 2011.

1. ricky

i am thinking about trying to make my own kit for a sn95..not sure just yet if i'm going with a 302..probably going to be a 351w..the few kits still made for a sn95 all put the turbo on the passenger side,and have to relocate the abs,etc and really,there is just not much room up there.so,was thinking of mounting the turbo down near the nose or somewhere around there,to give more room,and not cluter up a already tight engine bayy..my questions are

does it matter exactly where the turbo is located in the nose or front area? its not like its going to be a rear mount or anything far away,two i know i'm going to have to use a pump to transfer the oil back to the pan..would like to do a gravity drain, but just not going to happen..anyone reccomend a good reliable pump? this is all going on a semi daily driver,cruiser and looking to make around 550-600 rwhp with a basic setup.thanks for any info

2. MONTEGOD7SS

3. 302f150

Do yourself a favor and build a 351. I have my 302 at its limits, if I had more cash I would've gone 351. As it is my fuel system, trans, and engine are all near their limits. Look up posts on remote mount, but http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/oilsystems.htm seems to be pretty popular for scavenge pumps