1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

What is wrong with the Federal Government???? Serious Post

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum For Non-Auto Topics' started by PrecisionTurboMustang, Mar 5, 2011.

1. PrecisionTurboMustang

Can someone please explain to me how our "leaders" can let gas prices rise buy 20% or more in TWO weeks? Honestly...I have seen signs that the economy is recovering locally. Most of my repeat customers have been calling to book jobs with higher budgets than the previous 3 years. It makes me sick to my stomach to look at the gas price getting out of control.

It will KILLL our fucking economy AGAIN. When is someone going to stand up and do anything about this? I am ready to take out a time slot on local television stations to do a PSA urging everyone to gett off of the fucking couch and protest. For the billions of dollars Obama has blown through in the last few years, there HAS to be something that we can do to fight the fuckers controlling the market.

2. stangboy86

LET ME FU@#$NG KNOW BROTHER I AM SOOO GODDAMN READY!!!! sorry for yelling

3. Traction Issuez

"The government needs to stay the hell out of my business" vs. "why hasn't the government fixed this"
    Pick a side or deal with it

4. 10secgoal

Was going to say something similar. While it sux ass, not sure how much right anyone has to complain about it in a free market place. They don't want to be told what to charge anymore than you would with your business.

5. PrecisionTurboMustang

Fuel prices aboslutely control what you and I CAN charge in our businesses.

I would imagine we are pretty much in the same boat, When people don't have any money they cut out entertainment. They also stop working on making cars faster when they can't afford to put gas in them. If gov't is going to be up in my life telling me what to do 24/7, they sure as hell can do something to ecourage the economy to grow (other that give all of our tax dollars to people that don't deserve it).

6. Nisan_Catron

don't get me wrong but I hate high gas prices, but really compared to a gallon of milk.....
    how many oil wells do you see vs cows? is one renewable? what is the demand for each? (remember, supply and demand)

further, there are a few countries and families in the middle east getting rich. the population sees it and now they want a capitalist democracy.
    instead of making one family stinking rich where they do not care too much about the price the country as a whole will want to charge more.
    add to it all the 3rd world countries developing and needing gasoline too... it all make the price go up up up.

7. revn351

I just dont understand how every holiday some thing happen to some pipeline,refinery or what ever and the price goes up.Its been messed up in the middle east for a while now and nothing happen.Now spring is here and spring break is upon thousands that travel,so now gas goes up because Kadafi or what ever his name is going crazy. We are at 3.50 a gallon and while people compare millk water and even sodas.I dont anyone buying 30 gallons of millk to go to work.

8. 10secgoal

We're in the same boat and it sux. What I mean is you want the gov to do something about it. What really ? Someone is selling us a product we don't have/won't provide for ourselves, and then complain about what they charge. Kinda like someone coming to your store and saying you charge too much, ore mandating you charge less. Unless some here says "Drill here" IDK what the gov is expected to do about it. My personal theory is that we are biding our time until the world runs out. Then we bend them over when we start to drill here. Just a thought though.

9. 9t3svt

That almost has to be the goal, nothing else makes sense. Use up all the foreign oil, then drill into our own and :fu:.

Also, purely my opinion, But I don't believe oil to be a finite resource. Doubt it is being "brewed" anywhere near as fast as we use it, but I would think it is always being made. I base this on absolutely nothing. ;)

10. Agent86

Here is my theory on how to aleviate pump pricing..

Speculators are proven to drive comoddity prices up.

SO, How about placing a restriction on comoddity trades , insomuch as they MUST have capability to recieve shipment of the goods that they are buying.

Guess a few people will loose the ability to make a packet from leaveraging the prices across the day to make money.

11. Traction Issuez

That would be regulating wall street which is frowned upon by some depending on the stance of their news entertainment source

12. Agent86

At one point there were regulations on wall street that helped maintain things in a reasonable state. ( dunno what or when )

Certain regulations are required at some point, as there is enough money and knowledge out there to tip unregulated markets unfairly, when viewed from a natrual balance perspective.

13. Traction Issuez

That is exactly correct. Which is a big part of what led to stupid high oil prices a few years ago when a couple of hedge funds could show activity in the market by simply buying and selling billions of dollars worth from each other continuously to drive up the price of crude. Regulating authorities were put in place, legislation was put in place, and that was stopped. What's going on now is that Lybia produces about 11% per day of what the USA uses, per day and it's made the commodities market scramble a bit.

Too many people in Lybia are losing too much money. The rebels can't sustain this for too long and Gidafi will either win or die trying. The real threat is if Gadafi does lose and it disrupts the whole industry in that country.

14. Turbod_86_stang

Gas prices, like most commodities now, are a direct result of inflation. So if you want to find the real culprit look at the Federal Reserve bank. This all derives from a fiat currency system that is backed by nothing. And when you have a country that is addicted to cheap money and a federal government that is running massive deficits, and those deficits are getting monetized this is what happens. These big investment banks are getting cheap money from the Fed and converting it to real assets bidding up the cost for everyone else. This is a just the beginning for the inflation story as the U.S. Dollar is currently losing its reserve currency status. The next 10 years in the U.S. will see a massive declines in our standard of living as we pay for the excesses of our cheap money policies. We no longer have a free market, we have cronie capitalism. You cannot have true free market capitalism without a sound currency as the fiat system we have now massively distorts the markets. Then when the markets are distorted (i.e. housing bubble) and these massive banks lose money they get bailed out under the guise of "too big to fail", but all that happens is a massive transfer of wealth from the poor and middle class to these Wall Street financial terrorists. Its heads they win, tails we lose. If people actually understood how our system is working today the U.S. uprising would make Egypt and Libya look like a sideshow.

15. Traction Issuez

So the sky is falling? What do you suggest be done about it?

16. MONTEGOD7SS

Nothing. Plant a garden and let it fail.

17. 10secgoal

The garden will get bailed out,too.

18. PrecisionTurboMustang

I think I am going to build a bomb shelter, lol. People are going to have enough of the crap...an instead of there being a little uproar to keep things in check it is going be an all out war.

I just figured since turbofreek is gone somebody elese needed to drive the crazy train... :)

19. Traction Issuez

You're trying to say there's a shortage of crazy around here?

20. flash

Yes it is starting too.

Cut spending. Cut entitlements. Cut welfare. Cut illegal immigrants. Cut career politicians. Cut universal healthcare.......just for starters.