1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Cant find much info or engine builds with this oddball turbo

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by zachisparanoid, Mar 20, 2021.

1. zachisparanoid

Hey everyone. So I picked up a Borg Warner S200G about a month ago. Couldn't pass up the deal even though I knew nothing about it. I'm planning on putting it on a Nissan Skyline RB25DET engine (2.5L straight 6 DOHC). I only roughly know Garrett sizes and have found that it is supposedly sized somewhere between a GT3076R and a GT3582R. I as wondering if this community (obviously more knowledged in this field than I am) could clarify this? I've compared inducer/exducer sizes of both the compressor and turbine...but I still feel lost as to whether or not this is a decent turbo for a 450hp application. There are barely any videos on youtube about this turbo (most are on Volvo's and Mercedes' in what looks like Europe and/or Russian areas). The turbo came off of a Deutz industrial diesel engine, and the only reason I'm not dismissing this turbo as a viable option is because the HX35/HX40 is a commonplace upgrade for the engine I am rebuilding which also come off of diesel engines. Could someone pretty please clarify how this S200G turbo compares to either of the Holset's mentioned or even how it would compare to Garrett turbos? If anyone needs additional information please let me know. Thanks in advance!!

S200G specs:
    https://turboturbos-com.cdn.ampproj...=https://turboturbos.com/products/12709880017

2. gruntguru

Try running your engine specs in Matchbot to choose the two closest matches. If your compressor inducer diameter (54.6mm) falls between those two it should be a good match. (Your turbo does not appear in Matchbot.)