1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Compressor map

Discussion in 'DIY and Junkyard Turbo Tech' started by Tech Enthusiast, May 8, 2022.

1. Tech Enthusiast

Hello, I am final year student (BTech Mechanical engineering) for my college project in need compressor map of k72,5327-123-2227(I think this is the item code) please help .

IMG_20220430_225023.jpg #ad

IMG_20220430_221203.jpg #ad

2. Disney Lincoln

You can't have a compressor map for only a compressor wheel. You would need a compressor cover in order to generate airflow and therefore populate a map. Since a cover can drastically change the map, you can have multiple maps for the same wheel and vise versa.

Tech Enthusiast and bbi_turbos like this.
  3. Tech Enthusiast

Thank you. If you have compressor map for this compressor wheel with a particular compressor cover then please share it with me. Also the dimensions of the cover plate I'll manufacture it. Speed for the experiments. Please, thank you again.

4. B E N

A compressor cover isn't going to be something easy to manufacture, or design for manufacture, they are cast and post machined. It appears you don't need that exact turbo, if this is a case visit a junkyard and look at what they have. A quick google search should find a map, if not go to the next turbo down the line.

5. Tech Enthusiast

Will this be good alternative for compressor map ? https://agpturbo.com/borg-warner-k27-3072/

If no then please say so, I'll find other one

Screenshot_20220508-224849.jpg #ad

6. Disney Lincoln

No. You're guessing. If you don't need real numbers then continue on with your guess. If you're doing something real and need it to work correctly based on your assumptions, then get a turbo that you can get a map for.

B E N likes this.
  7. gruntguru

If you only want a map that is kinda close, find one that has the same inducer diameter, tip diameter and housing A/R.