1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Can you start the car without a downpipe??

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by spankustang, Nov 3, 2005.

1. spankustang

Will it hurt anything to start the car without a downpipe? I'm pretty much ready to start the car, but I'm gonna have to take it to get the downpipe re-made. I was wanting to start the car before I took it over there.

2. chickendreamer

Sure you can, you'll just blow all the hot exhaust all over your engine. You might fry a few wires, melt some plastic engine components, burn off some paint... but other than that... sure you can start it.

3. 95TURBO5.0

I drove my buddy turbo laser no DP :angel: I had to pull it in the shop. The turbo was LOUD!! for obvious reasons. I dont know long term affects but short turm was okay. But also the exhaust fires down.

4. spankustang

Guess I better wait till the exhaust is made to start it!!!

5. Eric88T

If your just going to start to look at stuff under the hood, it'll be fine

6. quarterstang86

Something is odd about your avatar.

7. spankustang

Like what??

8. dman

no problem starting it. In fact I started mine with no dp and it was suprisingly quiet.