1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Cx racing 31x12x3 fmic who uses this?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 20psiofevil, Nov 16, 2014.

1. 20psiofevil

What type of intake temps are you seeing at what boost level and power? I am seeing 40-50* above ambient on 15psi looking over some logs through the 8th mile. I think I may be heat soaking it so wonder if a puller fan would help?

2. Mike86Stang

I haven't looked at a recent log ( 14psi now ) but when I was running 7-10psi even in 90* weather i'd see intake temps of right around 102*.

What is the set-up? Is the turbo out of it's efficiency range?

3. 20psiofevil

I don't think the turbo is out of efficiency. I am pulling air in from the engine bay though. I'd be real curious to see where your intake temps are on 14psi Mike.

4. Mike86Stang

Let me see if I can find a recent log... I'll get back to you.

5. Mike86Stang

Looking through my most recent logs, I've seen 20* over ambient, mind you this is playing around on the street not at the strip.

6. bgjohnson

I've only seen a max of 20° on a 3-4th gear pull

7. 20psiofevil

I think it's a combination of a couple things causing my high temps. Pulling from the engine bay and not having a turbo blanket (I do now). The high intake temps were the reason I rebuilt my hotside and run the cross-over around the back of the engine. Think I'm going to plumb a cold air intake and put a puller fan on the back side of the ic to see if this works.