1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

can you run a TT 4.8L on the stock ecm with HP Tuner?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Danee Popovski, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Danee Popovski

Doing a TT Borg S366 install on a 2000 4.8L LS motor and was wondering if I can run the stock computer and just get the HP Tuner software? Gonna be a mostly driven street car with an occasional run at the track...

2. Mnlx

Yes, but that is a lot of turbine for most 4.8's.

3. Danee Popovski

It should work out ok for what i wanna do with the car.. just wanted to be sure I didnt have to buy an aftermarket EMC/system..

4. Mnlx

The stock ecm will work, but lacks many of the features of something like a Megasquirt 3, or Holley. The Ms3, and Holley are worth looking into imo.

5. Danee Popovski

I got ya... think what im gonna do is probably go with the HP Tuning since it seems like the most inexpensive route and probably will end up upgrading once i get everything up and rolling