1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Can the fast xfi rev limit ignition or only fuel?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by 1sicpny, Nov 30, 2009.

1. 1sicpny

I'm switching from a classic box with a dis 4 for ignition to a xfi unit with the option of using the dis 4 or xim for ignition. Question is can the xfi xim setup limit spark or only fuel? or should I use the dis 4 instead of the xim and its limiting functions?

2. 86lxnotch

wtf you doin now lol. i would imagine you can limit spark to. ask frank when i can come up lol i got a weldon pump on the car now so i think the fuel issue is ok now

3. TurboNova

From the fast instructions.

.4.1 Sequential Rev Limiting

The Sequential Rev Limiting function is an ignition based rev limiter. It works by interrupting the points/ignition signal to the ignition system in a manner that guarantees that no cylinders will be interrupted more than any other. This function can be activated in several ways as described below.

This feature should work with any mechanical distributor ignition systems '“ both OEM and aftermarket. It may not work properly with external or electronic spark sorting (distributorless) methods such as the FAST eDist Electronic Distributor, Buick Computer Controlled Coil ignition systems, Northstar ignition systems, etc. It will work properly with the FAST XIM for coil on plug applications.

This feature would typically be used as a two step rev limiter for drag racing. However, the Clutch Switch or PA Hold inputs can be used to activate the rev limiter for any purpose. For example, the rev limiter could be used as a rudimentary pit lane speed limiter for road racing applications by allowing the driver to limit engine RPM with a dash-mounted switch. With some wiring creativity, the speed based auxiliary output (Aux. Out 4) could be used to disable the dash-mounted switch to prevent accidental rev/speed limiter engagement while at speed on track.

If you want fuel cut then you can set up that in the operational parameters.

4. 1sicpny

Thanks,
    I thought I read that somewhere when I went through the directions, when I went through them again I only saw the fuel cut in the basic setup. I guess I'll be using the xim then.

5. yurg

This is actually yurg, big e 1sicpny logs in on my pcs every now and then and sometimes it auto logs him in instead of me. He's always up to something, looks like a new intake, new cam and who knows what else :D. I'll tell him about the dyno for ya.