1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Can I use a bullet muffler as my down pipe?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Bte85nova, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Bte85nova

Im thinking of doing side pipes. Not old school style but 3 inch oval tube tucked in and tight as I can which means mufflers have to find a home farther up stream. Ive seen a few drag car running short bullets pretty close to the turbine.
    Id like to try a 3.5 x 10" bullet right off the tubine. Then a shorter one right before it transitions into the oval side pipes. Does this sound doable?

2. 91turboterror

Where there’s a will there’s a way .Sure you can but a straight thru bullet muffler isn’t gonna do much for sound control you might be better off running no mufflers.

3. Bte85nova

Not sure how Johnny law would feel about that.

4. wht73

I bought these to take a few dB out.
    Looking to possibly putting them here.

5CBAD507-A711-4600-8073-E9B74D650481.jpeg #ad

Bte85nova likes this.
  5. silver82GT

I run a 4" race bullet right off the turbine on my car. I does reduce the noise a little bit and if anyone asks I do have a muffler. DSCF0022.JPG #ad

724QuikFast and Bte85nova like this.
  6. Rickracer

Definitely doable. It may not change the volume much, but it should change the tone a little bit.