1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Fuel system problem

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by turbomut, Jun 8, 2005.

1. turbomut

I finished the MMR twin walbro setup with twin -6 line. I have everything connected right, the regulator has its own vaccum source, the wiring is good I used 2 30 amp relays with 10 gauge wire. my problem is when I took the car out for a spin, I started to go into boost the fuel pressure will go up but when I reach 10lbs of boost(thats what it set at) the fuel pressure drops fast to 25lbs of fuel. I have the fuel set at 48 with the vaccum off then it goes to about 38 with it on. I called MMR and they told me to recheck the wiring. the wiring is fine. I believe its either the regulator or one of the pumps is bad. any suggestions? I am pissed because I was ready to go to maple grove this weekend but unless a miracle happens I won't be going with the car:pist:

2. Ackbar00

My brother ran into this problem. He changed the wire, relays, FPR and fuel tank. Still no dice. He replaced the fuel filter and it works fine now.

3. turbomut

Re: Re: Fuel system problem

I just spoke to the guy who is going to tune my car. he told me the same thing check the fuel filter. when I installed the system the y block on the filter that splits into the pumps was already installed so I never looked to see if the filter is flowing in the right direction. when I get home I am going to check to see if thats the problem. I am praying at this momement that it is the fuel filter, maybe I can still make it to maple grove.

4. papis408w

same thing happended to me when I changed fuel systems on my previous car. The fuel filter was dry as shit and didn't flow. I changed it and "Walla" car truned right on.

Who would think something so small can cause a load of headaches.

Goodluck to you. Hope to see you guys up at the Grove. Is Aramis and the guys taking their cars?

5. turbomut

I hope that is my problem. yeah Aramis is taking his car I don't know about anyone else. there might be hope.

6. papis408w

well get off the computer and under the car and get to it:D

7. turbomut

:headshot: this is the way I feel right know. I checked the fuel filter and its flowing in the right direction. I called MMR and they want me to send a diagram on how I did my system. I know I wired and ran the system fine but they want to see a diagram. now I don't know what it could be unless the sent me the wrong filter or one of the pumps is bad. I am just so pissed off because I wanted to race this weekend and now this happens:pist:

8. Enginerd

What regulator are you using? The Aeromotive? Really sounds like a regulator problem to me. Any chance you could borrow another regulator and swap out to test?

Rob

9. turbomut

they gave me an aeromotive regulator. I thought it might be the reg also but from what my tuner was telling me its sound more like the pumps are collapsing like not enough fuel is feeding the pumps. I am going to call a friend to see if he has a regulator that I can borrow and see if that works but I am going to see what MMR will tell me first.

10. Ackbar00

Well, for my brother to test, he removed the filter all together, made a blast. Once he found out that fixed it, he just ordered a different filter. Try runnign it with no filter for a blast and see if that fixed it. Here is a pic of his setup:

11. turbomut

from the looks of the pic your bother has the single -10 feed line to the rail then Y off to each. on mine each pumps goes to its own rail. my tuner told me to try it without the filter but I don't want to take the chance of maybe having s**t in the tank. I am going to see if my -10 feed line might be pinched between the body and the tank since I have a pickup in the stock tank.

12. turbomut

13. Eric88T

So what was the problem?

14. knkfiend

looks like it was a pinched line

15. turbomut

it was a pinched feed line coming out of the tank and hitting the body. I had to buy a -10 45 degree angle fitting and my problem was solved.

16. papis408w

I'll keep an eye out for you at the Grove.