1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Boss 347

Discussion in 'DIY and Junkyard Turbo Tech' started by Mikey B, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Mikey B

I've been a member scense 2006 and i still havn't finished my turbo build. I changed my mind im saling my long rod 302 motor and im going to purchase a Boss 302 block and building a 347. I had built my turbo kit around my 306 and , which consists of flipped Mac shorty headers,i fabbed all of the piping to my Turbonetics T76 turbo, i mounted it on the driver side . I also fabbed up a 3 into 4 inch down pipe. The cold side i baught from a guy on ebay . It's all 3 inch aluminum piping. I purchsed a intercooler from one of the guys from this site .Its brand new 1000 hp air to air . I sold my ported twisted wege heads and i purchased a set of cast iron high ports. I finally got them form Fedex . I started porting them as soon as i received them. I have been porting heads scense i was 15 and im now 32 . I've ported heads for a lot of people where i live and i have made some money doing it. My long rod 306 short block is still together and i dont want to break it back down to gey my F-cam ,so Im going to purchase a new cam. I have a Parker intake that is fully ported , i have a 750 holley that i had the air horn milled off . I plan on get Brent to get it in to shape for me . I have a c-4 it all the goodies , including a brake , i have a j -9 convertor that im going to send to PTC to get it right . I'm going to get some pictures up soon .. I hope to be able to have one hell of a street car. :2thumbs:

2. Injected65

You might want to search a bit, but there has been a bunch of talk about not using a 3.4" stroke crank in the Boss 302 blocks due to the short cylinder lengths in that block. There was a pretty recent thread about it on Hardcore50 if I remember right.

Chris

3. Injected65

4. Mikey B

Thanks , yeah i read that too. sounds like ford fucked up a good thing :doh:

5. Mikey B

Researched it and im still going to build a 347 out of my Boss block. I had caled Ford Motorsports and they sent me a whole lot of paper work about the block and that they tested a 3.47 stroke 347 for many hours and didnt have any problems with it. They even said that if they were having problems with they would not sale it in there catalog. So im going to try it.

6. Mikey B

With the crank and 30 over pistons im using my motor is going to be 354 cubes. I hope my Turbonetics T-76 is big enough.

7. reamo04

us chevy people use t76's on 383s, so a 354 will be no probelm :2thumbs:

8. n20blkgt

I agree should be no problem.

9. Mikey B

I traded my 76 for a Gt47 88 mm. I got my block in the machine shop along with my pistons. Crank and rods on the way , i got Eagles new 4340 esp pendilum cut crank and the h - beams rods. I have a F-cam but im going to call Turbo Peoples for a new one.. I hope to have one badass street car. :2thumbs: