1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Cam Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by Scootnhoots, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Scootnhoots

352 sbf
    9.6.1 comp
    950cfm
    210cc TW head
    3" exhaust
    X-trim

I have a cam that is a SR 270/280 @.50 114 LSA. I know that this would work for a FI deal but I had heard some things about not having to much overlap in a blow-thru deal. I would like for it to go 7500. Any help appreciated.

2. Boost Engineer

You could run 9000 rpm with that intake duration.

Jimmy Keen (1998 World Champion Super Street) had a cam with about the same duration on 116 with a 347 engine and it would pull to 9K.

A Lot depends on the event timing vs the overlap timing. Food for thought

Steve Morris would be a good source for a camshaft for your engine.

Tom V.

3. freezy74

That cam has 47 degrees overlap @.050, which is a little high, but there has been much worse. the big problem I see is again as said before the intake duration is high for that motor. I would actually run an exhaust lobe close to that with a smaller intake lobe, and it should pick up a ton of torque.