1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

What parts are these

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Slant six Bumblebee, Aug 3, 2023.

1. Slant six Bumblebee

I just got a free turbo from one of my friends. It’s maxpeedingrods GT2871 and it’s brand new. I know it’s cheep and not that great but it’s still free. I have 3 questions
    1: what is the stock wastegate spring/pressure can I change this and how do I do so
    2: it came with this bolt that has a funny hole through it (circled in picture) what is it and where does it go
    3: which ports are the water inlet and oil inlet and same goes for outlets

653D4A8D-5536-4577-AA38-AE7EDDF023E8.jpeg #ad

2. 91turboterror

I think that’s a banjo bolt for the oil feed.

B E N likes this.
  3. B E N

A picture of your actual turbo would help. Does it have 2 threaded holes in the center section or 4?

4. Slant six Bumblebee

It has 4

image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

5. tbird

In your pic from the ad, the port facing up with the small id is the oil feed. Like was said, the banjo bolt is most likely the oil feed.
    The two bolt flange is the oil drain.
    The two ports 90 deg. from the oil ports will be coolant ports. One pressure , one return, doesnt matter which way.

As for the wastegate. Best off to put shop air to it with a regulator and add pressure until the arm moves.
    That will tell you what its set for. On the diaphragm actuators, if I remember correct, we just disconnected the shaft and loosed the lock nut and backed the arm off as much as we could to hold it closed for longer and it would make more boost.

6. Slant six Bumblebee

Ok everything makes sense except the banjo bolt.
    is the banjo bolt a restrictor? And what type of feed line do i use for it then.

7. sam51

8. Slant six Bumblebee

9. tbird

Yes use the banjo bolt. I think sam was just stating not to add a restrictor.
    Look up AUTOMOTIVE BANJO BOLT FITTINGS if you dont know what they are. That will give you the understanding of how they work.

bridal-shoal