1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Cam selection for 331

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Billy L, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Billy L

My combo is a dart block 331. Well 333 actually, it has ported tw170s eagle crank, h beam rods, je 18cc dish pistons.. Don't have a trans yet. Probably going with a glide... Converter doesn't matter at this point to me.. I want to get a decent amount of power from this combo so I'll get whatever converter the cam needs.. I have a pair of Chinese 70mm that I dont really know alot about.. The turbine housings are .84 the compressors are .70 supposedly.... I'll be running a blow through setup.. The cam I have is a solid roller.. Its duration is 249-258 @ 50 the lift is 624 -649. Lobe separation is 114.. Will this be an ok cam?? Thanks. The car is a 2800 pound fox coupe..

2. turbomalibuwagon

It isn't the worst, but it's huge . What heads and do they flow at that lift ?

3. Billy L

They are trick flow twisted wedge 170s.. They were hand ported by Bennett racing, my machinist bought a twisted wedge 205R and cloned the exhaust port with a cnc.. He was supposed to flow the heads... I'll try and get the numbers.. The port work looks really nice.. I know the cam is big, but my bottom end is 0 balanced so I plan on spinning it pretty high.. I really just didn't want to have to buy a cam when I already have one.. I know its a very important decision... That being said I'll get one if I have to.. Bullet speced one very close to this one.. Actually larger.. Thanks for the help.. Should I just use a small hydraulic roller? Like an f-cam or something?

4. xr8tt

Without looking at card .. My 330 IE Dart , TFS induction ..
    Cam specs 232/ 228 .. .550 / .555 lift .. 110 centreline on 114 LSA..
    Hydro cam..

5. Billy L

Thanks for all the input.. I guess I'll try and find a smaller cam..

6. Billy L

How about 224/232. With .555/ .565 with a 112 lobe separation? It's an off the shelf comp XE274HR -12